Here you can find information on my submitted papers, recent projects and working paper.
I am particularly interested in research on Comparative Political Institutions and Quantitative Text Analysis with an emphasis on Judicial Politics, Judicial Public Relations and Political Communication. Currently I am particular interested in when and how the German Federal Constitutional Court uses public relations in order to set frames and influence media coverage and the public.
Revise and resubmit
- Meyer, Philipp. Explaining media coverage of Constitutional Court decisions in Germany: The role of case characteristics. Revise and resubmit in Political Communication.
- Meyer, Philipp. Promoted Media Coverage: When Newspapers reproduce Court Press Releases for News Content. Revise and resubmit in Journalism Studies.
- Hönnige, Christoph & Dominic Nyhuis, Philipp Meyer, Philipp Köker & Susumu Shikano. Dominating the debate: British MPs in Brexit reporting. Revise and resubmit in Political Research Exchange.
- Meyer, Philipp. Understanding intra-institutional agenda-setting: An assessment of the two policy agendas at the German Federal Constitutional Court.
Recent Paper Projects
Meyer, Philipp, Philipp Köker & Christoph Hönnige. De Jure Judicial Independence Measures and the Problem of Validity: A Case Study on Poland (writing).
- Meyer, Philipp. Dissemination of Legal Information: Structure and Topics of Online Available Court Decisions (data gathering).
Meyer, Philipp. International Judicial Relations: A Network Analysis of Court Visits (literature review & data gathering).
- Engst, Benjamin G. & Philipp Meyer. Constitutions without Protection? Judicial Strength in a State of Emergency (pending).